An engaging and thought provoking resource which encourages the children to ask questions about Christmas.
Lift The Lid on Christmas includes the following engaging and thought provoking resources;
- Advent Box
- The Lift The Lid Christmas Bible Book
- People and Promises – discussion cards
- Nativity Set
- Nativity Role Play
- Nativity Story Discovery Cards
- The Wise Men’s Gifts
- Journey To Christmas Game
- Thinking Hats – discussion and assessment questions
- Christmas Quizzes
- The Meaning of Christmas PowerPoint
- Christmas Carols PowerPoint
- USB Stick – extra teaching resources
Lift the Lid on Christmas provides opportunities for children to meet the following learning objectives:
- Know that Christmas is a festival which celebrates the birth of Jesus, and that Advent is a time when Christians prepare for the coming of Jesus.
- Know that the story of the first Christmas is found in the Bible and that the different Gospels give different details.
- Know and retell the events of the first Christmas.
- Describe ways in which the events of the first Christmas shape they way the festival is celebrated today.
- Begin to understand how the first Christmas fits into the bigger story of the Bible and the World.
- Understand that Christians believe that Jesus is ‘God on Earth’ and that this is called the Incarnation.
- Describe what a Christian believes about who Jesus was, how that influences the way they celebrate Christmas and the way they live their lives.