Lift the Lid on Easter
The ‘Lift the Lid on Easter’ Discovery Box explores the biblical accounts of the events leading up to, and including, the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The wide range of resources allows the story of the first Easter to be explored in different ways and in varying depth. There are also opportunities for children to reflect on the importance of Easter for Christians.
Discovery Box Contents
The ‘Lift the Lid on Easter’ resources provide opportunities for children to work towards the following learning outcomes.
- Know that Easter is a Christian festival which remembers Jesus’ death on the cross on Good Friday and resurrection from the dead on Easter Sunday.
- Know that all four gospel accounts in the Bible give details of the first Easter.
- Know and retell events of Holy Week – the week leading up to Easter which includes Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.
- Think about and consider the thoughts, emotions and actions of the people involved in the Easter story.
- Begin to understand how the story of Easter fits into the bigger story of the Bible and God’s relationship with people.
- Begin to understand the importance of Easter within the Christian faith and what Christians believe about the death and resurrection of Jesus.
- Describe how some Easter traditions link to the Easter story.
- Recognise, understand and use with confidence religious and theological vocabulary linked to Easter.